Saturday, November 3, 2018

Acne Update



It’s been a while since I last uploaded my last post and by saying a while I mean a year give or take. I am not going to go into excuses, I just didn’t feel creative lately, but I don’t want to give up on blogging and sharing my experiences and thoughts about beauty products with you. Anyway, that’s not the reason you clicked this post, so let’s get to the point.
Lately, my acne prone skin is in a much better condition, so I would really like to share my update. I have a couple of old posts if you wanna check them out, that I will link them at the end of this post so you’ll have an idea of what’s happening with my skin the last 5 years. Yeah, it’s been 5 years since I got my first acne pimple and I actually realized that on September which is my birthday month, which was also the month that my skin broke out at the first time.

For about two years now, I seldom do my makeup. I realized that this helped me a lot improve my skin texture. It was hard for me at the beginning, considering that I would never leave my house without a full face of makeup on, for two reasons. The first reason is that I was feeling insecure about my skin, about my face, about everything. I wouldn’t feel pretty enough and it’s a sad thing that I am saying right now, I know. It’s actually the first time that I admit it, but it is what it is. Second I love makeup, for me is an art and art is a way of expression, so every time I do my makeup I feel happy and excited, blending those colors, choosing the right lipstick that matches the makeup look, everything. Ummmm….Have a changed the subject again? I know I shouldn’t start talking about makeup, I get overwhelmed every time.

Anyway, acne, yeah, I’ve seen a dramatically change since I don’t do my makeup every day and if I do my makeup I always put a primer first which I’ve noticed that helps me with break outs since I’ve been using it, that primer that I have is mainly to be used on the areas of the face that the pores are larger, like on the T zone, but I put it on my whole face and I’ve been doing this for about 2-3 years and this helped me a lot. Most foundations would break my skin out while having them on, I mean at the end of the day that I would remove my makeup, I would certainly have a couple of new zities to add in my collection but since I’ve been using this primer, I realized that this has stopped happening. What might be happening was that the next morning I might break out but that was not a standard thing. It might still happen though but rarely. I think that what helped me with that situation is a post makeup recovery spray that I’m using for about half a year now. I wasn’t sure at first that this was really helping my skin, still not sure either to be honest. I was like maybe that’s like some kind of placebo effect on me, I don’t know. But lately my skin is really forgiving when I do my makeup and it doesn’t break out on me much, so I feel like everything’s working fine and I am not going to change my routine at the moment nor I’m going back to my old habits having a full face of cakey makeup on. ‘Cause yeah, it used to be cakey AF.

Besides the devil called makeup, I’ve seen that using the right products helped me a lot as well. Choosing the right facial cleanser, the right moisturizer, the right sunblock, the right face mask, the right everything. I have tried a lot of products back in my day in order to find my holly grail ones and I still do try out a lot to be honest but I tend to go back on my favs. I am not going to name brands I don’t feel comfortable doing this right now because of all that happens lately in the beauty community but if you’d like some suggestions on trying something new just ask me on the comment section and I will gladly reply it. Besides the brand, it’s the type of product. I mean I use gel cleansers mainly and I avoid moisturizers with mattifying effect. I feel like my skin gets more oily with that type of creams. If someone has an oily skin doesn’t make it moistured as well. On the other hand, oily skins tend to lack of moisture so they create more oils in order to keep the moisture in. Still not an expert though, a dermatologist would explain everything better. But I see that’s that what’s happening with my skin and that mattifying creams are not providing that much moisture so I go to something more moisturizing, like aloe gel, hyaluronic acid and products that have those kind of ingredients. That’s mainly because I choose strong cleansers with different kind of acids as salicylic acid, glycolic acid, AHA, BHA that are known of helping problematic skin types, but not all of them at once though, I go through phases with them using them separately or together if they’re ingredients at one product.

Last but not least, putting your hands on your face won’t help you get rid of acne, no matter what products you use, no matter what kind of therapy you’re in you should stop put your hands on your face and try to scratch or pop or whatever any blemishes you have, and that’s a reminder to myself as well. For some reason, if I’m anxious or if I’m having a bad day, if I talk on the phone or even if I’m chilling I try to rip off my face and every zit and blemish I have there but I do it subconsciously guys… I don’t even know that I do it and then I go on the mirror and I’m like “Why is my face that red?” and a few hours later my skin breaks out and have many new zits and many whiteheads.

I hope that I helped you with my experience today. If you would like to see some more acne posts here they are:




https://cosmetologylover.blogspot.com/2017/09/cutting-down-makeup-my-story.htmlhttps://cosmetologylover.blogspot.com/2016/07/a-piece-of-my-mind-for-acne-prone-skin.html


No comments:

Post a Comment