Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Favorite Products of 2018



Happy New Year everyone!!!!! How was your 2018? Mine was pretty nice I’d say but now it’s over and we’re on the first days of 2019, so what’s better than counting down our fav beauty products of the year? Here are the 10 products I tried in 2018 and fell in love with. Let’s get started.

#1 Batiste Dry Shampoo


Let’s begin with that, because I don’t usually talk about hair products, I’m more like a makeup and skincare junkie. But this you guys turn out to be a life savior for me! I mean I don’t have to wash my hair every effing day anymore. I have an oily skin so my hair gets oily pretty easy. Now I just spray my roots with my dry shampoo and I’m ready to go, conquer the world with fresh hair and stuff. The one that I have on picture now it’s not my fav scent though, it just happened to be the one I have right now, but they have some great scents in general. The reason that I prefer this dry shampoo at the moment is because it’s the cheapest one and has the work done, so that’s great combo for me.

#2 The Body Shop Shade Adjusting Drops – Lightening

Now let’s jump to the makeup base, the foundation. I have a terrible time finding the perfect match for my skin tone, I’m a pale girl in a sunny country so most of the girls here have a darker complexion with a warm undertone that I don’t, so sometimes the beauty stores don’t even carry a full range of colors for the palest of us, not for the darkest either, only for the medium tones because that’s what they sell the most. I usually ended up looking orange with most of the foundations I have ever used, so when I saw that The Body Shop has shade adjusting drops I went there and got myself a little treat and I never stopped using that since! I looooove love love it, basically because I don’t look orange every time I do my makeup.

#3&4 Real Techniques Sponge and Pro Base Brush


The tools for the perfect base. Firstly the sponge. On 2016 favorite’s post I talked to you about Beauty Blender that I still love, don’t get me wrong, but this sponge is awesome as well and much cheaper and your girl’s on a budget. I would love actually to have a post in the near future comparing these two. Anyways, I love the natural finish that a good beauty sponge provides and certainly this is a good one, doesn’t use up much of the product and gives a nice natural and matte finish. Secondly the brush. When I don’t feel like I need a natural look, then I’m using brushes. Since I bought this brush, I literally have never used any other foundation brush. It applies the product nice and smoothly, effortlessly and blends everything beautifully into the skin. I am actually using that same brush to blend my concealers with the foundation and it does a beautiful job.

#5 Morphe G18 (Crease Brush)


Continuing with some tools, for eyeshadows this time. I may have been living under a rock, I don’t know, but that’s the first brush I got from Morphe, when all the beauty community have been raving about those brushes but I just wasn’t sure if I need any of them. When I decided I needed a small brush for my crease I started searching for a Morphe synthetic one. I’m proud to say that I don’t have any natural hair brushes in my collection so far and it was kinda difficult to find one with good reviews. I finally found it and I love it since, I use it every time I do my eye makeup.

#6 Nyx Lip Lingerie Sweet Château in Bottoms Down






















This is actually a pretty new add to my addiction because and it’s a limited edition product from nyxe’s Christmas collection of this year, but I’ve already own a liquid lipstick from the lip lingerie range and it’s one of my favorites, in shade Exotic. I love their formula, considering the price and the lip lingerie color range is to die for! I just love it and to be honest I don’t know why I down own more of them.

#7 L’oreal Paradise Ecstatic





Or Voluminous Lash Paradise, as it’s named out of Europe. This is one of the products that Youtube made me buy it and I’m not proud that I’m saying it but I’ve been in that loop several times. I’m also planning to have a post about that, let me know what you guys think. Anyway, this was a win for me. I have 5-6 six mascaras but since I bout this one I’m using it every time I’m doing my makeup. It gives volume to my lashes, separates them nicely and lasts a lot, even with my oily skin. The thing is that you have to be careful while applying it, because there’s a chance that if you put more than one coat you’ll end up having all your eyelashes stuck in eyelash groups that will give you the 3 eyelash effect as I like to call it and I hate it when that’s happening.

#8 Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer



This might be the best concealer I tried so far but on the downside it’s sheer. It doesn’t crease, it’s hella moisturizing and creamy but if you have bad dark circles it’s not going to cover them. I will be in the chasing for the best concealer but for this year, age rewind was my bff.

#9 OfraxNikkieTutorials Highlighter in Glazed Donut


That's actually a swatch....yeah...sorry for the bad quality
At first I thought that this wasn’t working for some reason. I was like what’s all that hype about ofra’s highlighters? For some reason I couldn’t get it to work with my brush and when I was using it with my fingers I couldn’t blend it out, plus it has a terrible kick off. But I paid too much for this so I had to make it work. Long story short, I stopped using setting powder on the spots that I would put this highlighter and I started doing really soft and smooth movements with my brush in order to blend it out nicely and even. It turns out to be a blinding highlighter, perfect for pale skin but not for an everyday use, it’s a little bit extra but the best highlighter I’ve tried so far.

#10 Vichy Mineral 89 Skin Fortifying and Plumping Daily Booster



Guys…..guys…..this is like….idk…. I’m not a big fan of Vichy in general, I liked some of their products, I used some of their products, I reviewed some of their products but they never made me a fan of their brand. But this is a miracle in a bottle. I can’t even describe how much I appreciate this product. It makes my skin look smoother, moisturizes it deeply and it looks so nice and fresh after only a couple of uses. An example of how good it is? I started with two pumps only on my face area, and my skin would suck it all in in a couple of seconds. After a week or so of using it two pumps was too much, I started using one and then after some time using it, one was too much so I used one pump for my face and neck. Plus it didn’t make me break out and just a bottle of it lasts looooong. I’m so excited that they gave me a tester of it on the drugstore because I don’t think I would try it otherwise. Serums and boosters and that kind of products tend to be very heavy for my skin and make it break out.

It was so tough one for me to pick only 10 favorites, it’s like choosing who’s your favorite child. This year I tried so many good products that changed my skincare and makeup game. Have you guys have any favorites that you would like to share?

*******************BONUS*****************

My 2019 wishlist

In 2016 I had a post like that, I had a wish list of 13 something products I would like to try, something like new years resolution, so here’s the new one, with waaay less products this time because I try to control my addiction.

  • MAC Studio Fix Fluis SPF15 & Prep + Prime Fix+
  • Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser
  • Mario Badescu products that I haven’t tried yet
  • Stilla One Step Correct Skin Tone Correcting & Brightening Primer 
Oh and a new cell phone or a camera so I can finally post decent pictures!


Do you guys have a list of your own for this year’s products to buy or have you ever done something like that in the past? If so do you stick to it only trying to get the products you have on you list or you just do what I do? I try anything new that pops up and like.

I hope you guys enjoyed this big ass post and that it wasn’t too tiring for you to read, but I thought it was a nice opportunity for a big post as I am not very active lately. I hope you have a very nice new year.


No comments:

Post a Comment