Sunday, May 19, 2019

Review: Nyx Lid Lingerie Palette


I haven’t had any reviews lately, because I don’t really try new makeup products. I’m trying to keep my addiction under control and give my skin a break by going make up free, as I said on previews posts(Cutting down makeup, my story, Acne Update). I don’t have much inspo lately either so I barely post. But I have a new palette, which I bought as a Christmas gift to myself and I’m ready to talk about it! Many months later after I bought it but I tried several times and I have the full experience! So let’s get started.


The colors of this palette are really pretty with a range of easily wearable matte neutrals with a cool undertone. There are two browns, one darker than the other, an ecru, a kind of burnt/dusty orange, a dusty pink and a lilac. There all cool toned, kinda reminds me of soft pastels to be honest. In my opinion that color range can be used from day to night. There are all the basic colors plus a playful but subtle pink and a lilac to help us create more looks.


The color payoff is strong on the browns and orange, but less on the other colors. Which actually makes sense, because the lighter the color is, the less payoff it usually has, no matter how buttery their formula is. Plus purples are hard to be made as far as know. I mean, I’ve never had a highly pigmented purple in my collection so far. Generally, I think that the price of this palette is pretty low for the quality of the eyeshadows. I bought it 10,25€ and it’s the only palette I’ve been using since, because I love it’s colors and their pigmentation plus they’re pretty easy to blend. 

Also, it is travel friendly because of it’s size! I actually had to attend a wedding in an other city and this was the palette I used for my makeup, because it is compact and has a great color range. I also did my contour with the brown eyeshadows, I’m very into multitasking makeup products and I think that we can use pressed pigments for more than one job, that way we can save money and pack less while traveling.


The palette is made in China, has 24 months life since it’s been opened which equals to 2 years. Each pan has 1.37 g/ 0.04 oz of product and there are 6 pans total. It has no parabens but neither the leaping bunny cerification, Nyx is no longer cruelty free certified, which kinda makes me sad.

Summing up, I really like this palete. I love it’s color range, the fact that it’s small and can be carried around anywhere and gives the opportunity of create different kind of makeup looks, day or night plus it’s wallet friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment