Sunday, August 21, 2016

Review : Tonymoly egg pore

Lately, I'm obsessed with Korean beauty products!! I have started buying some of them and still plenty on my wish list. Just waiting the right time to move to a purchase. This obsession began with an egg. The Tonymoly egg pore steam balm to be precisely. I went to Sephora one day and when I saw it, I knew I wanted that product. I saw that there were 3 eggs, each of them were one step, but I have been told there's no need to use them all combinatianaly if I didn't wish and that I could buy what eggs I wanted to. Firstly, I bought that steam balm, which happens to be step 1. I was like, I will try that one out and if I will like it, then I'll buy the tightening cooling pack, which is step 2.

blackhead steam balm


So, I started using this one. My skin is that type that shows immediate results when I'm using a product. So since the first use I knew that I'm buying step 2. This balm, is to be used only on spots that there are blackheads. Personally I have blackheads and whiteheads all over my face. Gross, I know but that's the sad truth. As you can guess I am using it on the whole face. That's ok, despite the fact that this is only 30g, a little goes a long way so I don't waste that much of the product when using it. It has that thick texture so it's not easy to work it at beginning but when it starts warming up it is workable. Speaking of warming up, this thing really makes my skin feel like warming, it's a real steam balm you guys, I can feel the temperature changing when I have this on. But that's not the only weird thing about that. You are supposed to take the product, put it on your face, massage it for 3 to 5 minutes, and then when it starts becoming white rinse it off with lukewarm water. That thing actually becoming white since I put it on my face. "Is it that dirty?" I was wondering. But no matter what I did, no matter how many times I washed my face before using it, and with different kind of cleansers I had the same results. So, I decided to keep using it like this and I would see what's up. I saw some good results, within a week I knew I wanted step 2. My blackheads weren't disappeared but I saw a small change. The funniest part is that I had no idea what lukewarm means, never heard of that word, so I googled it.

tightening cool pack

 
This one I bought from eBay. It was almost half price than it was on Sephora. My heart broke when saw that, I could have bought two steps in the Sephora price of one. Anyway it came almost a month later since ordered because the seller was from Korea, but it came kinda fast considering that it came here from the other part the world. I was so excited when the parcel arrived, it was like Christmas!! I tried it as soon as it arrived combined with step 1, of course. It's really nice and squishy, like cushion but someone can work it easily since it touches the skin of the face. This is supposed to be putted where lose pores are so as you can guess I put this on my whole face as well. This one gives you a cool feeling, but the temperature change is not as obvious as it is with the steam balm. I leave it there for like 10 minutes until it's dried, then I rinse it off, then I put my toner and my moisturizer.

Final thoughts


It's not like those products are giving overnight results. I saw my whiteheads disappearing and some of my blackheads too, but the smaller ones. I have some huge blackheads that aren't that easy to be extracted but I hope that if I will keep using them as often as I do now, my skin will be cleaner. It looks better than it used to, more brighten and stuff but it's not crystal clear if you know what I mean. After use the skin feels soooo clean and relaxed, I love that feeling.


*silky smooth balm, why I decided not to buy it*
That's the step 3. This egg is mostly like a primer, it camouflages the pores and the wrinkles, as far as I know. I don't need a primer at the moment because I am using the POREfessional from Benefit cosmetics. I just felt like I didn't need that one. Maybe I will try it out in the future because I have seen some nice reviews and it's way cheaper than Benefit's, but not just yet. The only sure thing is that I'm going to buy from eBay when this will happen.


Have you guys ever tried any Korean beauty products? If so, which one and what you think of it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment