Friday, August 5, 2016

Beauties on Fire : Disney Princesses

This week's Beauties on Fire theme is coming from fairy-tales. We're all becoming Disney Princesses!! Every little girl's dream is to become a princess one day, oh well....mine was, but it's kinda unrealistic. You never know what surprises might life has for you but there's no room for everyone to find a prince. Especially nowadays that there's few royal families remained. So many girls, so few single princes. So that's when makeup comes and turns the frog into a princess. This is a powerful tool, use it wisely.



I was thinking about all the Disney's Princesses ever been, but all of them are waiting for a prince to be rescued, and that's totally not what I expect from a girl to do. I couldn't create a post for something without feeling it. Well, the truth is that this is the story for all princesses but two, Mulan and Pocahontas. They were both hard core! That's the type of girls I like. Well, recently learned that the real Pocahontas story is not as happy as Disney told us so I decided to stick with Mulan, which I know her story is based on the legend of a Chinese lady named Hua Mulan.... My childhood has been ruined by Pocahontas' story, there's no need for me to know other real stories.

A little bit about Mulan 

 After the Huns, led by the ruthless Shan Yu, invade Han China, the Chinese emperor begins to command a general mobilization. Each family is given a conscription notice, requiring one man from each family to join the Chinese army. When Fa Mulan hears that her elderly father Fa Zhou, the only man in their family, is once more to go to war, she becomes anxious and apprehensive. She decides to deal with this herself by disguising herself as a man so that she can go to war instead of her father. When her family learns of Mulan's departure, they all become anxious. Grandmother Fa, Mulan's grandmother, prays to the family ancestors for Mulan's safety. The ancestors then order their "Great Stone Dragon" to protect Mulan. The ancestors are unaware that the statue of Great Stone Dragon failed to come to life, and that Mushu, a small dragon, is the one sent to protect Mulan.

Mulan is misguided by Mushu in how to behave like a man, which starts a ruckus at the training camp. However, under command of Li Shang, she and her new co-workers at the camp, Yao, Ling and Chien-Po, become skilled warriors. Mushu, desiring to see Mulan succeed, creates a fake order from Shang's father, General Li, ordering Shang to follow them into the mountains. The troops set out to meet General Li, but arrive at a burnt-out encampment and discover that General Li and his troops have all been killed by the Huns. As they solemnly leave the mountains, they are ambushed by the Huns, but Mulan cleverly uses a cannon to create an avalanche which buries most of the Huns. An enraged Shan Yu slashes her in the chest, and her deception is revealed when the wound is bandaged. Instead of executing Mulan as the law requires, Shang relents and decides to spare her life for saving him, but expels her from the army, stranding her on the mountain as the rest of the army departs for the Imperial City to report the news of the Huns' demise. However it is revealed that several Hun warriors including Shan Yu survive the avalanche, and Mulan catches sight of them as they make their way to the City, intent on capturing the Emperor.

At the Imperial City, Mulan attempts to warn Shang about Shan Yu, but he refuses to listen. The Huns appear to capture the Emperor, then they lock up the palace. With Mulan's help, Yao, Ling, and Chien-Po pose as concubines and are able to enter the palace and, with the help of Shang, they defeat Shan Yu's men. As Shang prevents Shan Yu from assassinating the Emperor, Mulan lures the boss Hun onto the roof where she engages him in solo combat. Meanwhile, acting on Mulan's instructions, Mushu fires a bundle of fireworks rockets at Shan Yu on her signal. The fireworks strike Shan Yu and explode, killing him. Mulan is praised by the Emperor and the people of China, who all bow to her as an unprecedented honor. While she accepts the Emperor's crest and Shan Yu's sword as gifts, she politely declines his offer to be his advisor and asks to return to her family. She returns home and presents these gifts to her father, but he is more overjoyed to have Mulan back safely. Shang, who has become enamored with Mulan, soon arrives under the guise of returning her helmet, but accepts the family's invitation for dinner. Mushu is granted a position as a Fa family guardian by the ancestors amid a returning celebration.


Source: Wikipedia

She is a tough young lady. But I wasn't sure what to do with her make up. She was mostly a guy in this movie so that was a hard one for me. At least her hair was the same either way. Actually that's the worst part for me. I can't have my hair done you guys, I lack hair skills baaaad. I'll try of course but let's concentrate on the makeup at the moment. I saw she was having a purple eyeshadow, a pink blusher, a red lipstick and an extremely white foundation. As a guy she was natural but deep inside I can feel it she's wearing eyeliner! What? no? Check out her eyes, they're defined as hell! That's what I am going to try to do. Mostly, I will combine the man's and the woman's look. It's going to be too girly for a man but I'm just saying that I'm not going to look like geisha(isn't that Japanese? Sorry Mulan but you look like that.) I would love to actually but I don't have a pure white foundation.

What I used
Base: L. A. Girl pro bb cream GBB941-FAIR
Eyes: Korres sunflower & evening primrose eyeshadow 75 purple, The Body Shop liquid eyeliner 01,Cien Extreme Volume Mascara, eyebrow pencil
Lips: Sephora Lip Ink 01 Red Essence
Final touch: The Body Shop Baked Blusher no 1 petal
What I did
For today's look, I chose a bb cream because I wanted it to be more natural. I applied it with my stippling brush because it's my favorite at the moment. There are no products that this brush can't apply!! Then, I chose a purple eyeshadow to work with, as I seen on the Mulan's picture above. A lot of eyeliner to continue with and some mascara to finish. For the lips I used a beautiful red liquid lipstick, some blusher on the cheeks and ready to go.

So here's what I look like so far. Pretty good I can say, maybe that's because I didn't do my hair so far.... Let me try and let's see together what the results are. 
What I used
Bobby pins
Hair doughnut
Rubber band
What I did
I wore my hair up with the rubber band and then I put the doughnut. I started grabbing tufts and spin them around the doughnut. At the end of every tuft, I grabbed a couple of bobby pins to secure it.


That's the final look, I'm leaving the comments up to you. I really enjoyed this subject, made me go back to my childhood. I cannot wait to do the next's week look!! Don't forget to vote on Twitter what theme you would like to see. That's all from me, don't forget to check out everyone else's posts, they're awesome!! They always are. So click that picture below and see you next week with a new look.
http://www.everythingandnothin.com/2016/08/04/disney-princesses/

Previous #BeautiesOnFire posts

Classic Beauty
Summer Style 

No comments:

Post a Comment