Friday, December 30, 2016

Favorite products of 2016

Heyyyy guys! I am certainly not that active lately but I wouldn't let this year pass without sharing the products I met and fell in love with throughout 2016. So here's my list and a short review of every product I looooove.


Mario Badescu


I'm talking about every Mario Badescu product I have tried so far. This brand is like knowing exactly what my acne prone skin needs! I have tried Acne Facial Cleanser, Glycolic Acid, Cucumber Toner, Botanical Face Gel, Buffering Lotion and none of them have failed me so far. My skin looks better after I started using these products. I still have blemishes and stuff but I remember that a year ago I was hoping for a miracle to happen and cure my skin. 

Milani Baked Blush Luminoso

Thank you Beauty Bay for having this brand to your site because I couldn't find any other way to purchase something from this brand here in Greece sometime ago. This blusher is like a dream, has a beautiful peachy color which is perfect for my pale skin, gives a health glow, stays put and it's totally wallet friendly. I will definitely try some other products from Milani in the near future. 

Real Techniques Bushes

I am not going to talk about a brush in specific because I love all of them. It's like the brushes know how to treat to the product and blend it in perfectly. They are cruelty free, made by synthetic hairs, which is something I check before I buy any makeup brush. The price is really good and the quality too. Until now I have bought the Stippling Brush, Blush Brush, Sculpting Set(fan brush, sculpting brush, setting brush) and I am waiting the Ultimate Base Set from iHerb on one of the following days. 

Benefit The POREfessional

Let's give a big shout out to Benefit! This product is for years on the market and everyone loves it, I know but I tried it this summer.... Haven't even tried a sample of it before, which is really weird... Firstly I didn't really like it, I was like yeah whatever does this even work? as it came out it didn't only work on the contrary, it worked miracles!! My face looks like porcelain (only in places I don't have zits and scars) and people be like "What is your foundation? It looks flawless! No wait your skin looks better, a lot cleaner!! " and I'm like "awwwww stop it youuuuu!"  I'm actually using the same foundation. Well in my opinion it's kinda expensive but with results like that Sephora shut up and take my money. Oh! Something that I missed... Some foundations make my skin create zits but this has stopped since I started using this product under them. Now I have realized the majesty of a primer. 

The Body Shop Hemp Lip Conditioner

I had my sights set on the Hemp series for four years, yeah I'm being completely honest right now! The Body Shop here in Greece brought it in this year and I was like yaaaaas I'm gonna buy them all!! But I have just bought the lip conditioner so far. The first time I saw it, it was on the American website of the Body Shop. We didn't had an eshop of this brand until recently so I was surfing on other countries' pages in order to get to know better their products. I could also go to a shop and ask for help but why would I bother do that where there's Internet connection? Hemp series caught my attention because it promises deep hydration, which is something my skin needs on winter times. I certainly need a good hand cream and lip balm. I will totally check out the rest of the Hemp products sometime. 

Beauty Blender
Like POREfessional, Beauty Blender was a product that I didn't like at first. When I first tried it I was like why is this egg everyone's favorite? I was completely a brush person so this was a new experience for me. The good thing about me is that I always give more chances to products, maybe it's me that I do something wrong, not the product itself, especially when it has to do with new kind of products that I have never tried so far. This is what happened this time too, I found the right, for myself, way to use the Beauty Blender and I started loving it!! Now is by far one of my favorite foundation applicators. 

Korres Shower Gel Japanese Cherry Blossom
It is by far the best shower gel I have ever used! Really I fell in love with it, not only it has a heavenly scent, but the feeling it gives to my skin after the shower is awesomeeeeee!!! It just gives me a nice moistured skin when other shower gels tend to dry my skin. When I was using this product, I didn't really used a body lotion after bath, I didn't think that my skin needed this. Even drier parts of my body like knees and elbows were ok, without the need of some extra moisture. I just realized that I don't have a Korres shower gel at the moment.... God I need some. 

***************************************BONUS**********************************************
My 2017 wishlist 

Besides the products I loved in 2016 I would like to share my wishlist for the new year! I would like to get to know some brands better. Those brands and it's products are:
  • M.A.C. Studio Fix Fluid Foundation
  • L' oreal Infallible 24H Foundation
  • Stilla One Step Correct
  • Jeffree Star Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick in Watermelon Soda
  • A bunch of Elf Cosmetics products
  • Morphe Brushes Concealer and brushes
  • Something from w7, not sure what though
  • Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion WetForce
  • Benefit Roller Lash Mascara in black
  • Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer (heard that it's the POREfessional dupe)
  • Tonymoly Cat's Wink Clear pact, Runaway Strawberry Seeds 3-step nose pack, Panda's Dream panda eyes
  • Crazy Rumors Lip Balm in Cinnamon Roll
  • CosRX Salicylic Acid Exfoliator Cleanser 

That's my list so far. Have you ever tried any of these products? If so, did you like 'em? Do you have anything to suggest me? Yes or no, have a happy new year, smile a lot and don't forget to have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment